Decree on Equal Education N. 388
Mechanographic Code: MITF005006
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
“CONVERSATION WITH AN ENGLISH NATIVE TEACHER ”
Istituto FREUD extends its Educational Offer in the linguistic field through an important opportunity whose aim consists in improving the communication skills and abilities of its students in foreign languages.
In line with the needs of the labour market, the School has decided to suggest to all his students an extracurricular project " Conversation with an English native teacher"
The general aim of this one-year project focuses on the development of the communication skills of his applicants by using an approach that encourages the oral practice. In this way, students can concentrate on their social and interactive participation through role play activities. At first you learn a grammar rule, then the lesson develops through exercises on the usage of this rule, in order to improve lexical skills.
1) To enable to listen English with proper understanding
2) To enable to speak English correctly. It means that producing sounds with the proper stress and intonation.
3) To enable the students to read English and comprehend and interpret the text.
4) To enable the students to write English correctly and meaningfully, i.e.for example writing letters, applications, description and accounts of day to day events.
5) To enable to acquire knowledge of the elements of English.culture
6) To enable to develop interest in English culture
7) To increase student’s ability to use planning, drafting and editing to improve their work.
8) To enable students to express themselves creatively and imaginatively.
9) To enable students to speak clearly and audibly in ways which take account of their listeners.
10) To enable students to become enthusiastic and reflective readers through contact with challenging and text level knowledge.
The objective of this course is to increase the students’ English communication skills by:
1) Improving fluency through regular practice and speaking drills;
2) Expanding vocabulary by at least 300 words through assignments and class work
3) Developing a solid of understanding of basic grammar structures - like nouns, verbs and adjectives - through class reading and speaking tasks.